The Global Water Sampling Project is free to all participants. To facilitate incorporation of the project into traditional curricula, the project has been designed for water sampling to be performed once or on a continuing basis.
If you decide to participate in the project, we ask that you:
1. Register for the Global Water Sampling Project
2. Review the Project Purpose and develop a hypothesis for the project.
3. Submit a Letter of Introduction from your school. You may also submit photos of your class.
4. Complete the required Water Sampling Tests.
5. Submit your Data upon completion all of the water sampling tests.
6. Analyze the Data reported by all participants. Was your hypothesis correct?
7. Submit a Final Report, Conclusions, or "Lessons Learned" by students.
Please do not participate in the project unless committed to submitting all required information. Note that most of the required tests involve the use of specialty water testing equipment. If you do not currently have the equipment necessary, please do not register until you obtain the equipment.
During the project, participants have the ability to contribute to a Discussion Area with other registered participants. You will be able to discuss your class' hypotheses and sampling results. You may also submit photos of your class doing the water sampling tests to be posted on the web site.
Please visit the Classroom Activities area. There are several activities for students ranging from grades 6 - 12 to enhance the students' experience of the Global Water Sampling Project.
Special note to GLOBE schools and other participants: We welcome all participants in this project, including GLOBE schools. However, the purpose of this project is slightly different than the purpose of the GLOBE Project. This project is not an ongoing monitoring project like the GLOBE Project. This project is structured to run once a year, for a limited period of time. Most participants in this project only conduct water sampling for a short period of time, and we hope that this project offers them the opportunity to share their data in a meaningful way.