A CIESE Collaborative Project

Instructions for Publishing Student's Work

How to Publish Student Work Online

We actively encourage students who have used this project to publish their work online. Students who submit work to be published will receive a Down the Drain project certificate. Please be sure to review the CIESE Publishing Policy prior to submitting any work or photos.

If you would like have your students' work displayed in the Student Gallery, all you need to do is send their work to the Project Leader. If you are interested in having student work published please note the following:

  1. We will assume that any pictures and/or text that we receive has been reviewed by your school district administration and have been authorized to be placed online. We will not include student last names or other personal information with the information we post. You must follow your district's Acceptable Use Policy on publishing student work online.
  2. We will only accept electronic image and text files. Sorry, we cannot accept FAXed materials or paper copies. You can send your electronic files either via an attachment to an email message or on a disk in the regular mail. Text can also be placed in the body of the email message. Send all materials to the Project Leader.
  3. When submitting information, please make sure to include your name, school name, address, email address and phone number so that we can contact you if problems or questions arise.
  4. Sorry, but materials which are submitted for display online cannot be returned.

Need help getting your pictures in electronic format? Try these ideas:

  • Almost all film developers nowadays will give you the option of having your regular film developed onto a CD-ROM or disk. When you go to the store to drop your film off just ask the store clerk what you need to do to have your pictures placed onto a CD-ROM or disk. You can then transfer these images to a disk and mail it in or send the files as attachment to email. Click Here to read about Kodak's Picture CD service.
  • If you want to go one step further you can have your pictures developed directly to the web. Kodak's Picture Center is one option.
  • You can scan your regular print pictures using a scanner. This will allow you to create electronic files from already existing pictures.
  • You can purchase a digital camera which will allow you to take pictures in electronic or digital format.